Pages

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Black lives matter !!!

File:Black Lives Matter protest.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
The Black Lives Matter movement started off as an online campaign, with the main aim of campaigning against violence and racism that faced the African Americans. It began as a response to the fact that African Americans lives did/do not matter to most whites. In this image the lady with the orange sign has quoted "IS MY SON NEXT?". I think she has quoted this because Black Lives are being mistreated, not just physically but mentally. I believe that some police officers are taking Black Lives for granted and someone needs to put a stop to it. I personally think that voices need to be heard and changes need to be made. Just because someones skin colour is dark brown or black doesn't mean they're committing a crime. Black African Americans are suffering badly for things they have not committed. Black African Americans are dying for unreasonable excuses made by whites... Black Lives matter!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Giselle, I am Imogen and I’m a year 7 student at Paihia School in Te Ngahere. I like how your post is relevant is actually happening in the word. I think the lady with the sign is trying to say is I am worried my son will die for no other reason than having black skin. We have racism in New Zealand Taika Waititi said - “The only thing that can keep Racism alive and help it grow is feeding it nurturing it and that's where you come in will you help it flourish, what will you give to racism, Racism needs your help to survive” - thankfully it is not as bad as it is in America but we all have a responsibility to stop it. Have you ever gone a long with a racist comment?

    ReplyDelete